Wednesday, August 1, 2018

10 Reason for Failure of Software Tester

During the course of my career as a Software Tester came across several people who failed in their career as Software Tester

1. Caught in the wrong Job: I wanted to be a developer but fate landed me into software testing or I never wanted to be in IT but somehow seeing the boom my parents threw me into big bad world of IT

2. Lack of Self Motivation: "Why should i do anything new", "I don't know if i am doing it right" or "What if someone says you are not doing it right", "fear of failure", urge to do anything new is missing. One thing i noticed that money is not the factor always to motivate people

3. Lack of Knowledge: Simple " I can't do." , reluctance to learn, if i am not doing other will do it so why waste my time and effort, this is a simple task lets do this

4. Shame to ask peers: Why should i ask what will he think about me

5. I am satisfied: Some are satisfied where they are, no ambition to move ahead in life

6. Hesitation to learn anything new: Most of the time people are in their comfort zone and happy to do the same thing all the time

7. Documentation Skills: It is boring, I can test but don't like documenting what I tested. 

8. Software testing is a simple Job: Highly incorrect assumption in today's competitive Software Testing domain, require superior skill level then Dev.

9. No Inspiration: Management is also responsible at times as they fail to show the correct path, no rewards for finding bugs in the software.

10. Lack of awareness about the business: Sometimes they don't know what they are doing and what they are doing

No comments:

Post a Comment